Thursday, March 15, 2012

Driving in WPB: Welcome to the world of idiots

It was early this morning, still dark out,  and I was heading to work. I turned left just after a taxi made his right. The taxi stayed in the right lane, and I went into the left lane. Expecting that maybe the taxi driver would be darting around the gas truck/semi stopped in the right lane with it's four way emergency flashers on I paused, but the taxi driver moved into his lane more. So I accelerated to pass. At that precise moment the gas truck, with it's four ways on, made a u-turn from the far right lane,  cutting me off. I slammed on the brakes but the only way to avoid hitting him, because he had completely blocked the whole road,  was to sharply turn left, making the quickest u-y I've ever made. Now I drive a snub nose van so when I say I came close to being hit I mean I came real close.

God had to have had a whole army of angels surrounding me to have kept me safe. I feel so lucky. I say that calmly now but after making that u-turn I pulled over to get composure of myself. I was real shaken up. You would have been, too,  if it had been you.

There are so many idiots on the road. I wonder if they find their license in a box of Cracker Jacks... Now let the young people try to figure out what I mean because Cracker Jacks only puts temporary tattoos or joke cards about the size of a half dollar in the boxes... Oh, great, I did it again. Nobody uses half dollars any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment